Answer YES (Y) or NO (N) to the following questions:
1. ___Has our family discussed disaster preparedness?
2. ___Do we have enough disaster supplies to last 72 hours?
3. ___Do we have a disaster supply kit in each car?
4. ___Has an adult or teenage in our household had First Aid training in the last three
5. ___ Has an adult or teenager in our household had CPR training in the last three years?
6. ___Do we have an extra week’s supply of medications plus copies of prescriptions?
7. ___Do we have functioning smoke detectors on every level of our home, and outside
8. ___Do we have a charged ABC fire extinguisher and know how to use it?
9. ___Does our family know how to turn off all utilities?
10. ___Have we safeguarded our most important family records?
11. ___Has our family discussed where to meet outside our neighborhood in case of
12. ___Do we have an out-of -the area phone contact?
13. ___Do our school age children’s school or day care center have a disaster plan? Do
we know what it is?
14. ___Has our family had an earthquake drill in the past year?
15. ___Have we designated a person to pick up our child/children if we are unable to do so?
16. ___Have we reduced earthquake hazards in our home?
___ strapped the water heater?
___ installed strong cupboard latches?
___ anchored heavy furniture to wall studs?
___ secured items which might fall (TV, computer, clocks, books etc.)?
17. Does a neighbor have a key/permission to check our home in case of disaster?
Follow up on any “no” answers .